Our Family

Our Family
Sheila, Cayden, Bryce, David & Dylan

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Better Than Superman!!

As most of you know, my hubby is the 'hotel guy' - building lots of hotels for Marriott and Hilton in the past few years. They built a Residence Inn here in our town a couple of years ago, and today a semi truck came barreling through it! Absolutely amazing! He let the boys & I come up there tonight for a little while and I got an up close and personal tour of the damage. The guy came off of the interstate, across the on-ramp, through a large parking lot, up the concrete retaining wall and literally flew for about 100 feet in the air until it hit the hotel! And the wonderful part, is NOONE was killed- not even the driver! Yes, he's in the hospital, but they expect him to be fine. They are cutting the hotel away from the truck tonight and supporting it as they should before they remove the semi tomorrow, and access the structural damages! Anyway, just a little excitement around here today!

5 comments:

  1. Amazing!!! Like Mom said...EBCO must build strong buildings! Unbelievable it didn't do more damage...and extremely lucky for the folks that narrowly escaped death by a semi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think from now on we will specify rooms on the back side of hotel away from possible semi run-a-way's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! Scary scene there. Lucky that no one was killed. How much did EBCO pay the driver to give them the remodelling project?-LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm glad no one died. I've been dealing with a lot of demo here at work lately and let me tell you, building is a lot more fun and easier than demo! I can totally sympathesize with Dave.

    ReplyDelete